Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Lost Boys reflection

Reflection

My collage clearly showed thinking creatively because of all the various pictures that I put into it and the fact that some of them show the war, culture, hope, and suffering. I put on some quotes from the ambassador and one of the lost boys himself to get the viewer to interact with the collage. With each word on my six word memoir, I linked it to a separate image that matches with the word.

I believe that I reasoned critically because every word and image that I put on my collage had its own meaning. Some of the words and images were linked too, making the viewer feel empathy for the lost boys of Sudan as they have suffered so much already.

I feel that my collage communicates effectively by creating the awareness of the lost boys plight because most of my pictures show their suffering and struggling for a better life. The best part of the collage which shows the plight is the quote from Dave Eggars, "Whatever I do, however I find a way to live, I will tell these stories." It shows how much they have been through and how much courage they still have to go on.

I was living ethically because I demonstrated empathy and evoked an emotional response with my pictures and six word memoir. Especially with the picture right in the middle where a baby is crying and it is associated with loss. Once again the quote by Dave Eggars helped too.


No comments:

Post a Comment